Amnon Barnea, DPM
Dr. Barnea is the owner and founder of Walk NYC Podiatry, PC established in 2009. He has been practicing both in New York and in Florida since completing his residency in 2004 from the Mount Sinai School of Medicine (a three year surgical residency program). He earned his Podiatric Medical degree from Temple University School of Podiatric Medicine in Philadelphia, PA.
Dr. Barnea is Board-Certified by the American Board of Multiple Specialties in Podiatry, he is a member of the American Podiatric Medical Association, the American Academy of Podiatric Sports Medicine and the American College of Foot & Ankle Pediatrics.
Dr. Barnea has vast experience in dealing with all types of ailments of the foot and ankle, but is considered an expert in sports medicine, foot and ankle trauma, bio-mechanics and surgery. Over the years, he has developed a unique approach to practicing medicine, focusing on the root cause of a foot condition and is regarded as a problem solver for challenging cases. He frequently participates in speaking engagements and guest lectures, and has published articles.
Dr. Barnea graduated with a BA from the Technion-Israel Institute of Technology after serving four years as a Commanding Officer/Lieutenant in the Israel Defense Forces.
Mount Sinai Beth Israel, New York, NY
Dr. Barnea quoted in New York Magazine:
- http://nymag.com/strategist/article/athletes-foot-treatments.html (Article about How to treat Athlete’s Foot, according to Podiatrists and Dermatologists, published on September 25th, 2019)
- http://nymag.com/strategist/article/best-bunion-treatments-remedies.html (Article about Everything you need to prevent and treat Bunions, according to Podiatrists, published on July 12th, 2019)
Dr. Barnea quoted in Woman’s World Magazine:
- https://www.womansworld.com/posts/how-to-treat-athletes-foot-173675 (Article about 8 Best treatments for Athlete’s Foot, According to Podiatrists, published on November 21st, 2019).
2015 Mount Sinai Medical Center, Department of Orthopedics, New York, NY: “Everything You Always Wanted to Know About Biomechanics But Were Afraid to Ask”
- 2014 Spear Physical Therapy, New York, NY: “Foot Biomechanics, Sport Injuries and Shoe Gear”
- 2013 Hadassah Medical Center, Department of Orthopedics, Jerusalem, Israel: “Restoring Foot Function through Biomechanics”
- 2012 SiriusXM Doctor Radio, Guest Speaker on Foot Dermatology and Skin Conditions
- 2010 Equinox, New York, NY: “How to Prevent Sport Foot Injuries and Improve Performance”
Articles written by Dr. Barnea and Published on Ynet – an Israeli News Website ( ד”ר אמנון ברנע )
- https://www.ynet.co.il/articles/0,7340,L-5072389,00.html (Article about common foot conditions that Dr. Barnea was a consultant)
- https://www.ynet.co.il/articles/0,7340,L-4958854,00.html (Article about Ingrown Toenails)
- http://www.ynet.co.il/articles/0,7340,L-4928210,00.html (Article about Toenail Fungus/Onychomycosis)
- http://www.ynet.co.il/articles/0,7340,L-4878901,00.html (Article about how Feet Affect Knee Pain, Hip Pain, Back Pain and Posture)
- http://www.ynet.co.il/articles/0,7340,L-4910403,00.html (Article about Heel Pain/Heel Spur/Plantar Fasciitis)
Temple University School of Podiatric Medicine, Gait Study Center: Improving ambulation in people with advanced Osteoarthritis in the joint of the big toe – Dr. Barnea is the lead researcher – in progress, expected to be published at the end of 2021.
David Flores – Practice Manager
Mr. David Flores has been working as a medical assistant and a podiatry practice manager since 1986. Mr. Flores is well experienced in all aspects of practice management and utilizes his skills to create a friendly and efficient environment. He is married and has two children.